National Park and Recreation Month is a time to promote the benefits of healthy, vibrant communities. It is a time to recognize the importance of parks and recreation in establishing and maintaining quality of life and in contributing to the physical, economic, and environmental well-being of communities.
In addition to a comprehensive toolkit of communications resources, the National Recreation and Parks Association has a quick start guide. Read more about these five easy ways to celebrate this observance at www.nrpa.org:
1. Hang the Park and Recreation Month Poster
2. Show Your Support on Social Media
3. Proclaim July as Park and Recreation Month
4. List your July events as Park and Recreation Month Events
5. Submit a Press Release about Park and Recreation Month
For more information about this national health observance, check out the Partnering4Health Grab and Go toolkit.