Thanks to your participation, National Public Health Week 2017 was a big hit! Millions of people across the nation helped raise awareness of the importance of public health, celebrate successes, and share ideas for making the U.S. the healthiest nation by 2030. In case you missed anything, here are some of the major activities that took place during the week:
- APHA’s 1 Billion Steps Challenge was a huge success – we doubled our efforts this year to reach 2.2 billion steps! Check out the 1 Billion Steps Challenge winners.
- During the NPHW Forum, an expert panel discussed the importance of working across sectors to create the healthiest nation. Watch the replay.
- Presenters shared innovative, collaborative approaches to promoting physical activity and preventing chronic disease on our webinar “Advancing Physical Activity Through Innovative Approaches.”
- Our new infographic, “Building Community ties to strengthen public health,” shows how we all play a role in creating the healthiest nation. Share it with your networks.
- More than 820 people joined our NPHW Twitter Chat, sharing more than 4,350 tweets with resources and ideas for ensuring a healthier future. Read a recap on Public Health Newswire.
- For a full recap of the week’s events, check out our latest Storify report [INSERT LINK}.
Share your NPHW news with us!
There were many exciting events held across the country during NPHW 2017. We want to see how you celebrated! Share your pictures and news with us to be featured on our website. Visit our website to learn more.